Why Miami Valley Hospital?
The specialized staff at Shaw Emergency and Trauma Center at Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) provides quality care for 90,000 visitors a year. Expert surgeons and specialists are always available, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. HealthGrades ranked Miami Valley Hospital in the top five percent in the nation for Emergency Medicine in 2013-2014.
The 72-bed Emergency Department has private rooms for all patients, and has a pod concept that brings caregivers closer to the patient. The facility was updated in 2013 to adapt to industry changes and decrease wait times by improving patient flow. X-ray capabilities are available in the trauma bays and the unit also includes its own imaging facility so patients can get a computed tomography (CT) scan without moving elsewhere in the hospital. The dedicated Stat Lab is open 24 hours a day for immediate testing and results. We are focused on getting the patient the right care as quickly as possible.
Watch the commercial to learn more about Premier Health's Emergency and Trauma Services.
The Miami Valley Hospital Emergency Department is backed by the most extensive offering of specialized care in the region:
- The region's only Level I Trauma Center, handling the most serious multiple-injury cases for more than 20 years
- Home of CareFlight Air and Mobile Services, the region's most recognized air and mobile ambulance service
- Our cardiac alert program cuts response times for heart attacks by up to 33 percent. Working with local emergency medical services (EMS). MVH physicians uses advanced monitoring equipment to confirm a heart attack before the patient arrives at the hospital. The cardiac alert allows cardiologists and staff, who are onsite 24/7, to be ready. Patients can be taken directly to the Cardiac Catheterization Lab, where an angioplasty can be performed immediately to open a blocked artery.
- As an Comprehensive Stroke Center, MVH offers 24-hour stroke emergency services and a stroke alert system to rapidly mobilize a team of specialists to diagnose and treat stroke quickly, using clot dissolving drugs or neurointerventional therapies.
- Our NeoFlight program transports the smallest, sickest babies using advanced incubator technology, specially trained nurses and a dedicated team of doctors.
- The region's only Adult Burn Unit performs intensive wound care for burns of every severity level
- The latest medical imaging technology speeds diagnosis both day and night
- EMS Center of Excellence focuses resources on the training and support of our EMS partners
Content Updated: February 11, 2016