Why Miami Valley Hospital?
Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) delivers more babies than any other hospital in the region. With southwest Ohio’s only high-risk maternity center and Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the same facility, we ensure mothers and babies receive the most comprehensive care.
Advanced Technology and Experienced Team
We know that childbirth is a very personal experience, not only for mom and baby, but for the entire family. Our birthing and maternity services combine the comfort of home with advanced technology and experienced medical staff. Whether you are thinking about having a baby or are already pregnant, we offer a variety of maternity services catered to your needs.
Maternity services at Miami Valley Hospital include:
- Experienced team – highly-trained, responsive physicians, nurses and certified nurse midwives
- Most experienced Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region – this is the highest level of care that an infant can receive, staffed by board-certified neonatologists, specially-trained nurses, respiratory therapists, dieticians, breast feeding consultants, social workers and pastoral care counselors
- Specialized care for newborns with respiratory or heart issues – only facility in Dayton offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, a heart-lung bypass technique used as a treatment for term and near-term newborns with severe respiratory failure or serious heart issues and NeoFlight, the region’s fastest air transfer system for critically ill newborns
- Perinatal Intensive Care Unit (PICU) – for mothers in need of high-risk care before and after birth
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Advanced Ultrasound Center – staffed with sonographers trained in identifying Down syndrome markers during early scans
- Home base for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Foundation – the national accrediting body for nuchal translucency tests (test used to assess the risk of Down syndrome
- Natural childbirth center – Family Beginnings is the only accredited natural birth center located in a hospital in the state of Ohio
- Pain management options – a large variety of non-medicated and medicated options
- C-section room –designed specially to accommodate moms having C-sections
- Reproductive services – including infertility treatment, assisted reproduction and in vitro fertilization
- Education – large selection of birth and family education classes for parents and family members
- Feeding instruction – bedside instruction on breastfeeding or formula feeding by board certified lactation consultants
- “Rooming In” – we encourage moms and babies to be together as much as possible throughout the hospital stay
- Security – an FBI-reviewed security system tracks baby’s movement within the hospital, offering added security for your baby
Take a virtual tour of The Berry Women’s Center.
Every room includes:
- Large, private labor and delivery rooms
- Versatile and comfortable birthing bed
- Private bath and shower
- Flat screen televisions with cable access
- Room service
Our Extensive Network of Physicians
We offer access to specialists in these and other related disciplines:
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- High-risk perinatology (high-risk pregnancy)
- Neonatology (care for newborns)
Maternity Center at Miami Valley Hospital South
The same experience and care you find at Miami Valley Hospital is also offered at Miami Valley Hospital South. Every detail of our Maternity Center has been designed to enhance your birth experience.
Learn More »