Education and Support
The Pain Center at Miami Valley Hospital encourages you to be actively involved in your medical care.
How to Select a Pain Center
Below is a checklist of things to consider when choosing a pain center:
- Is the physician board certified in pain management?
- What are the credentials of the other staff? Are they ACLS certified?
- Is the staff caring? Do they provide a personal experience?
- Does the center have access to other specialties for referral if needed?
- Does the physician use a multi-modality approach to pain management (such as combining different therapies for pain management: invasive therapies; opioid and non-opioid medications ; non-medication treatments such as physical/occupational therapies; ice; heat).
- Can I be assured of confidentiality?
- Will my plan of care be clear and easy to understand?
- Will the pain center work closely with my family physician or other specialists to coordinate my care?
- Does the pain center accept my insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, Workers Compensation?
Below are some useful Internet resources for learning more about pain conditions.
Learn About Pain Management
Premier Health Library
The Premier Health Library offers a wealth of information about pain management. Learn about conditions, treatments, how to prepare for surgery, and much more.
Content Updated: November 26, 2014