Surgical Pain Services
The Miami Valley Hospital Pain Center provides care using current techniques and medications to reduce surgical pain. Treating your surgical pain to the best of our ability may help prevent chronic pain from developing.
A perioperative certified nurse specialist is available to suggest ways to treat surgical pain and prevent chronic pain.
- Our Surgical pain services help patients who are experiencing:
- Chronic pain
- Side effects from pain medications, or the medication is not providing relief
- Uncontrolled pain of any type
- Present or past addiction issues
Options available for pain control include:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs, or medications that target the pain source
- Ice at the incision
- Numbing solution at the site or to nerve endings that cause pain after surgery
- Pillows to support your incision when coughing or moving
- Light electrical stimulation
Miami Valley Hospital also has a pain service that can help while patients are in the hospital. Patients who have uncontrolled pain should talk with their doctor or nurse about an inpatient pain consultation.
For More Information
If you are having surgery and would like to talk with someone about your pain control choices before you are admitted or during your stay, please call (937) 208-5153
Learn About Pain Management
Premier Health Library
The Premier Health Library offers a wealth of information about pain management. Learn about conditions, treatments, how to prepare for a surgery, and much more.
Content Updated: November 26, 2014