Occupational Therapy at the Miami Valley Hospital Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio helps patients achieve independence by developing or improving skills in the activities of daily life.
Occupational therapy refers to any activity that occupies one’s time.
Occupational therapy is provided in the acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, and outpatient settings.
The Occupational Therapy team at MVH Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio works with patients to gain independence when faced with a variety of challenges and conditions, including:
Occupational therapy is provided in the acute care, inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient. Customized occupational therapy treatment may include some of the following services:
- Performance skills assessments and treatment
- Comprehensive home evaluations with adaptation recommendations
- Programs that improve the ability to perform daily activities; including self-care tasks, home management,
- Adaptive equipment and technology recommendations and usage training
- Education and training for family members and caregivers
The Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program is available for individuals with neurological impairments such as brain injury, stroke, and spinal cord injury.
The Hand and Upper Extremity Therapy program of the Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio is a specialized therapy program designed to help patients return to their previous work and life roles, and/or to promote maximum independence within a given limitation.
Preparing for Occupational Therapy
Premier Health Library
The Premier Health Library offers a wealth of information about occupational therapy. Learn about conditions, treatments, how to prepare for surgery, and much more.