Why Miami Valley Hospital?
Since 1983, Miami Valley Hospital’s Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio provides more hospitalized rehabilitation care than any other facility in the region, offering inpatient and outpatient service.
One of a Kind and Every Kind
We offer a full spectrum of rehabilitative care, inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy, delivered by specialists in every rehabilitation discipline. Many Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio services are certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, the most prominent certifying body for rehabilitation services.
At Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio, you’ll find the care and support you need in areas such as:
- Spinal cord injury – A specialty program with inpatient and outpatient services, for adolescents and adults
- Brain injury – A specialty program with inpatient and outpatient services, physical and cognitive treatment, for adolescents and adults
- Stroke rehabilitation – A specialty program with inpatient and outpatient services
- General rehabilitation – to help in recovery from amputation, trauma, and neurological or orthopedic conditions
- Swallowing disorders – Arising from stroke, injury, or illness
- Sports medicine – To help people get back to an active lifestyle whether recreational or organized activities
In the Hospital
Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio is available and accessible for those in need of rehabilitation services. Therapy is provided in the hospital on every floor. Patients who have had surgery usually start their rehab programs within a day of their procedures. Among community hospital-based rehabilitation providers, Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio is one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive. After the initial hospital stay, if ongoing intensive therapy is needed, it can be provided at the MVH Inpatient Rehabilitation program.
In the Community
Leaving the hospital doesn’t mean leaving convenient, top-quality rehabilitation services behind. Those who need additional rehabilitative care can look to Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio both at Miami Valley Hospital and throughout the community, with seven locations for physical therapy ready to continue a program. Outpatient Hand Therapy services are available at both Miami Valley Hospital and Miami Valley Hospital South.
Content Updated: November 8, 2014