Why Miami Valley Hospital?
At Miami Valley Hospital, we know that caring for our elder patients is especially important. In fact, we have created the Elder Care program to provide superior care to seniors admitted for hospitalization.
The Elder Care program at Miami Valley Hospital strives to help patients:
- Understand the goal of elder care
- Learn about the programs and services offered for seniors at Miami Valley Hospital
- Meet our elder care team and geriatric champions
- Access a list of helpful online resources about elder care, both locally and nationally
- Determine if it is safe for the patient or their loved one to live alone
- Have access to a nursing home checklist to use while visiting nursing homes in the area
No matter what the situation, the Elder Care program at Miami Valley Hospital is here to help.
The Elder Care program is associated with “Nurses Improving Care to Health System Elders” (NICHE),a nationwide geriatric initiative sponsored by New York University and The John A. Hartford Foundation.
DISCLAIMER:Miami Valley Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.