Education and Support
The Miami Valley Hospital Sports Medicine Center sponsors a variety of seminars and workshops, both in-facility and off-site, because we believe that sports medicine begins with education about injury prevention and wellness.
Programs and Workshops:
Career Exploration Programs:
- Med quest program - Brings students to a Premier Health hospital where they can receive hands-on experience and education related to specific health care subjects
- Health care exploration – Exposes students to a variety of healthcare-related professions through a career fair environment. Locations will vary across several of Premier Health locations
- Job shadowing - Formal program that allows students to visit Premier Health hospitals and shadow a professional to gain experience and investigate potential career paths
- High school athletic training skills workshop - Designed to introduce high school students to the field of athletic training and other areas of sports medicine
- Volunteer and service opportunities – Encourages participation in volunteer activities at the hospital and health care centers to gain exposure in a variety of areas
Stem Support and Health Education:
Class calls - Designed in conjunction with school partner assistance to bring medical education to the classroom – select topics that teachers can choose from to have a health care professional present to the class.
Wellness and Safety Programs:
- Student Wellness and Safety – Provides supplemental programs focused on student wellness and safety. Examples include the Drive Smart program and Health and Safety Fairs.
- Employee Wellness Programs and Supplemental Health care Services – Programs include, but are not limited to, health screenings, flu shots, other health programs and Fidelity Health Care nursing for school nursing needs
- Speakers Bureau – Various presentations on health care and health information directed to faculty/staff, parents/families and community members
Learn More About Sports Medicine
Premier Health Library
The Premier Health Library offers a wealth of information about sports medicine. Learn about conditions, treatments, how to prepare for surgery, and much more.
Content Updated: April 17, 2015
DISCLAIMER:Miami Valley Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.