Why Miami Valley Hospital?
The MVH Surgery Center is set apart by its dedication to minimally-invasive procedures, using advanced equipment and an individual approach to anesthesia using the latest pain control methods.
Five-Star Surgical Care
We strive to provide high-quality surgical care. During the visit, our team strives to provide patients with excellent care. Our main focus is our patients’ safety and privacy. We will explain what we are doing and why, as we work to exceed our patients’ expectations.
More procedures are performed at Miami Valley Hospital Surgery Center than at any other hospital in the Dayton area. MVH Surgery Center has 24 full-fledged surgical suites in the main building, southeast addition, and three in the Berry Women’s Health Center.
Dedication to Minimally-invasive Surgery
The MVH Surgery Center often introduces new surgical procedures and equipment to the region, and becomes the education center where other surgeons learn how to perform the procedure. MVH Surgery Center has made a commitment to developing and improving minimally-invasive procedures including the following surgical advancements:
- First robotic surgery program in the area, and the only local program with four robots dedicated to the minimally-invasive treatment of colon, lung, prostate, kidney, gynecological, and oncology surgery.
- First endovascular surgical suite in the region where minimally-invasive carotid, aortic aneurysm, and peripheral artery surgery is done using an advanced imaging system.
- First Magellan robotic catheter system in the Midwest for endovascular procedures
- Stealth neurological ear, nose and throat system giving surgeons an improved three-dimensional view.
- A range of minimally-invasive spinal procedures including:
- MIS-spinal fixation
- Percutaneous fixation of bone fractures
Advances in Anesthesia
At Miami Valley Hospital, anesthesia is customized to each individual patient using the latest therapies. To help the anesthesiologist choose the most effective medications, a thorough discussion is done with the patient to identify what has worked in the past for pain relief. Through advanced monitoring, the anesthesiologist can better determine a level of anesthesia that is safe, yet effective. Another available option, nerve blocks, can provide some patients pain relief for up to several days.
Less Pain and Discomfort
Advanced anesthesia and less invasive surgical procedures mean patients are able to move about and recover more quickly. This results in a shorter hospital stay, shorter recovery time, and a quicker return to the patient’s normal routine.
National-Quality Care Close to Home
We recognize that patients want the convenience of having excellent surgical care near to home. Our network of surgical locations provides that convenience for many procedures.
As part of Premier Health, we’re able to bring patients dedicated care throughout the Dayton region. Our highly-skilled and experienced surgical teams are committed to giving patients an excellent outcome.
Excellent Outcomes from Top Physicians and Dedicated Staff
Dayton’s top surgeons care for patients at Miami Valley Hospital. They are supported by long-time staff in our surgical centers, providing great outcomes by surgical teams that are second-to-none in Southwest Ohio.
Access to the Latest Technology and Procedures
We bring the latest surgical advancements to provide surgical care that consistently improves the quality of life for our patients.
Advanced technologies we use at Miami Valley Hospital include:
- 3-D acetabular fixation
- Abiomed artificial heart
- Advanced surgical tables for precise fracture fixation
- Anterior-approach total hip replacement
- Da Vinci® robotic surgery
- Hysteroscopic removal of polyps and fibroids diagnostic
- Impella left ventricular assist device
- Innovative tissue implantation procedures
- Laparoscopic procedures for women’s surgery, urology surgery, cancer surgery, and general surgery
- Magellan robotic catheter system
- Minimally-invasive carotid, aortic aneurysm and peripheral artery surgery using an advanced imaging system
- NanoKnife IRE (removal of previously inoperable tumors)
- Transoral incisionless fundoplication
Demonstrated Experience as a Regional Center for Surgical Education
Miami Valley Hospital physicians participate in continuous education that helps keep them aware of current advances. We are a leader in surgical education for physicians from other hospitals.
Content Updated: November 3, 2015