Miami Valley Hospitalist Group offers more than 30 full-time physicians who practice exclusively at Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) and Miami Valley Hospital South (MVHS).
How We Support Your Practice
Because of our growth and stability, Miami Valley Hospitalist Group is now available to:
- Accept stable and unstable patients from the MVH and MVHS emergency centers, as well as outlying hospitals (via the Access and Transfer Center)
- Accept direct admissions of stable patients from all primary care offices between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Provide surgical clearance 24 hours a day – our goal is to initiate the process within 1 hour from the time of consult.
- See hospitalized patients who are de-compensating within 2-5 minutes, 24 hours a day.
From 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily, we have 13-14 full-time hospitalists in-house at MVH and one hospitalist at MVHS. From 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. daily, there are three board-certified physicians in-house. All physicians have ventilator privileges and are capable of managing critically ill patients.
Consider Our Distinct Advantages
Miami Valley Hospitalist Group offers a distinctive level of support for the quality care you want for your patients. Our physicians:
- Work as a team.
- Deliver continuity of care through a 7 days on, 7 days off schedule.
- Complete admissions and consults promptly, usually in 60 minutes or less after notification.
- Enter computer-based orders (not verbal orders) at the time the patient is seen.
- Dictate H&Ps and discharge summaries at the time of admission and discharge so primary care physicians and consultants have immediate access to this information.
Miami Valley Hospitalist Group is here to serve you and your patients. Call us directly if you have any questions or concerns about your patients – or would like our group to assume responsibility for your inpatients on a regular basis.
- 24-Hour Pager for Consult: (937) 480-0431
- Miami Valley Hospitalist Group Office: (937) 208-8394
Content Updated: August 13, 2014