The Path Back
At the Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio (RIO), each patient’s injury or disorder is unique. That’s why RIO offers so many specialized rehabilitation programs. If you need therapeutic programs to help you gain strength, relearn skills or manage pain, then our team of rehabilitation specialists is ready to help you regain maximal function.
It’s been this way since 1983. Miami Valley Hospital’s RIO provides more hospitalized rehabilitation care than anyone else in the region, offering inpatient, same-day and outpatient service.
One of a Kind and Every Kind
We offer a full spectrum of rehabilitative care—inpatient and outpatient (including customized same-day services), physical and cognitive—delivered by specialists in every rehabilitation discipline. Many RIO services are certified by CARF—the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, the most prominent certifying body for rehabilitation services.
At RIO, you’ll find the care and support you need in areas such as:
- Spinal cord injury – inpatient and outpatient, for adolescents and adults
- Brain injury – inpatient and outpatient, physical and cognitive treatment, for adolescents and adults
- Stroke rehabilitation – a specialty program with inpatient and outpatient services
- General rehabilitation – to help in recovery from amputation, trauma, and neurological or orthopedic conditions
- Swallowing disorders – arising from stroke, injury or illness
- Sports medicine – to help people get back to recreational or organized activities
Only RIO Has These Programs
• HIRE – a CARF-certified return-to-work or school program for those with brain injuries and the only Dayton-area program with the complete continuum of return-to-activity services
• The area’s only Vibrasym Driving Simulator, which can replicate the feeling, including the vibrations, of driving many different vehicles
In the Hospital
If you or someone you care about needs rehabilitation services, RIO is available and accessible. Units therapy is provided right here in the hospital, on every floor. Patients who have had surgery usually start their rehab programs within a day of their procedures. Among community hospital-based rehabilitation providers, RIO is one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive.
In the Community
Leaving the hospital doesn’t mean leaving convenient, top-quality rehabilitation services behind. If you need additional rehabilitative care, look to RIO both at Miami Valley Hospital (CORP) and throughout the community, with eight locations for physical therapy ready to continue your program.