At Miami Valley Hospital, the health of you and your baby is our first priority. Our birthing and maternity services combine the comfort of home with advanced technology and experienced physicians, nurses, and support staff.
Maternity services at MVH include:
- Labor and delivery, where MVH is the market leader in births
- One of two Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care Units in the region
- A Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care unit (NICU), the highest level of care an infant can receive, staffed by board-certified neonatalogists, specially trained nurses, respiratory therapists, dieticians, breast feeding consultants, social workers, and pastoral care counselors
- The only facility in Dayton offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), a heart-lung bypass technique used as a treatment for term and near-term newborns with a severe respiratory failure or serious heart issues
- Perinatal Intensive Care unit (PICU) for mothers in need of high-risk care before and after birth
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Advanced Ultrasound Center with sonographers trained in identifying Down syndrome markers during early scans
- Home base for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Foundation, the national accrediting body for nuchal translucency tests
- Family Beginnings, the only accredited natural birth center in a hospital in the state of Ohio
- Large and comprehensive selection of birth and family education classes for parents and family members
- An FBI-reviewed security system, that tracks a baby’s movement within the hospital, offering added security for baby
If you are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant, talk with one of our specially-trained advisors at (937) 208-BABY (2229). This advisor can explain our services and schedule childbirth and related classes for your entire family. The advisor can also schedule a tour and help you find a doctor or midwife who meets your needs and insurance requirements. Special accommodations can be made for mothers on physician-ordered activity restrictions. All classes
are taught by nationally certified childbirth educators.
The Integrative Care Management Department of Miami Valley Hospital has a team of care coordinators and social workers who can assist you. Call (937) 208-2251 if you have questions regarding your insurance coverage or need information regarding your or your baby’s discharge.
What do I do next?
DISCLAIMER: Miami Valley Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.