A Diverse Workforce
Leading the Region in Diversity
You may have heard that Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) is the region's leader in quality care and service, but did you know that our longstanding commitment to diversity sets the industry standard for best practices?
Attracting, recruiting, and retaining a diverse work force is at the core of this commitment. We believe that having employees who reflect the diverse communities we serve—and who understand the influence of culture in health care—translates into better patient care. And once you're on board, you’ll find we foster an environment of inclusion and respect. Including your diverse perspectives, values, and beliefs helps us to make better decisions about matters that affect you and our patients.
We invite you to join a hospital where your differences are valued and help us make a difference in the lives of patients.
Utilizing Diversity for Continued Excellence
MVH strives to have its employee population reflect the broad diversity found in the Greater Dayton community. The hospital pursues an aggressive strategy to:
- Continue to make the organization diversity friendly
- Expand the pool of applicants
- Help develop the talent of minorities
- Create a supportive environment and encourage individual development
- Establish greater accountability for diversity recruitment
Through the contributions, perspectives, and experiences of our employees, we are better able to serve our diverse patient population. Our employees know that excellence begins with understanding and incorporating the unique needs of our patients. Excellence is a way of life here at MVH, and serving our diverse patient population is no different.
Diversity Recruitment Progress Measures
We believe it is imperative to have a diverse workforce that accurately reflects the communities we serve. At MVH, the employee population in terms of new hires and promotions is reviewed monthly in relation to the community census for health care. Findings are reported to the hospital’s board twice a year.
MVH l Workforce at a Glance
- 18.0 percent of our total workforce is minority
- The percentage of our minority managers, professionals, and clinical nurses continues to increase in relation to the community census
- The percentage of our minority managers, professionals, clinical nurse new hires, and internal promotions continues to increase yearly
- Retention of minorities is similar to non-minorities