Location and Hours
Miami Valley Hospital Intensive Care Unit (MVH ICU)
- General hospital visiting hours are 11:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- Flexible visitation in ICU areas is available for immediate family.
- Two to three visitors may visit in the patient room at one time.
- To accommodate all families and visitors, we ask that additional visitors enjoy the Main Lobby on the first floor.
- Visitor badges must be worn by all guests before entering the ICU. Please return the badge after your visit and each time you leave the patient’s room.
- Families and visitors may be asked to leave the ICU at times so staff can perform procedures, complete assessments, provide change of shift reports or respond to patient emergencies.
- Daily rest periods are scheduled for patients in the ICU.
- Visitation after 8 pm should be arranged with the nurse.
- Overnight visitation is limited to one immediate family member or person of the patient’s choice. For the courtesy of other visitors and staff, proper sleeping attire is required.
- Family members spending the night must have special overnight visitor tag. The nursing staff will facilitate this for you.
- Due to the stressful nature of the ICU environment and in consideration of all patients’ families, we suggest you consider not bringing children under 12 years with you when visiting the ICU. If you do choose to bring young children to the ICU, they must be accompanied by an adult at all times and are not able to be left under the supervision of a hospitalized patient or employee.
- Please see a nurse for additional visitation guidelines
Call (937) 208-9450 to speak to the patient care representative in the ICU Waiting Area.
4th Floor zone C, One Wyoming Street Dayton, OH 45409