Nutrition is an important part of your treatment at Miami Valley Hospital (MVH). MVH meal services are based on medical and dietary needs, plus your personal preferences. Registered Dietitians will develop your nutrition plan, and our Nutrition Services staff will work with you to ensure your needs and preferences are met.
Nutrition Services is dedicated to taste, nutrition, convenience, and customer service.
- In addition to conventional cooking, cook-chill and Cap Kold methods of quick chilling are used for healthier food handling
- Patient meals are delivered via a Rethermalization Cart System so food is hot and fresh
- A Nutrition Services Associate comes to a patient's room and takes orders via a menu system on a Palm Pilot. This device integrates with a computer for fast and accurate meal requests
- Room Service is a call away for food requests from maternity patients in the Berry Center
Wholesome, nourishing, and well-balanced meals are an important part of your treatment and recovery. The MVH Nutrition Services staff plans nutritious meals prepared according to your doctor’s orders.
Meal Times (Main Building)
Most meals are served during the following times:
- Breakfast: 7:30 to 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch: Noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Dinner: 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Meals may be delayed or changed to accommodate any tests or medical procedures.
Each day you will be asked about your meal selections. Someone from MVH Nutrition Services will visit you to help you choose your menu. If you do not select your meal, your food will be planned for you. The meals you receive are based on your diet requirements and medical needs.
Room Service Meal Selection (Berry Building)
“Premier Cuisine” (room service) is available for patients in the Berry Building. The MVH Room Service menu is designed for all patients. Patients using Room Service must have the ability and desire to select their meals.
At the time of admission or a change-in-diet order, a Nutrition Services associate will deliver a menu to your room. After reviewing the meal options, you’ll dial 3663 (FOOD) to reach the Room Service Call Center Operators. Calls will be answered from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Orders will be taken for:
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
All food is prepared to order. Room Service associates will deliver your meal tray within 45 minutes of when the order was placed.
Patients who speak a language other than English or who have other special needs will receive help with menu selections. Their nurse will contact a member of the hospital staff who will visit them to assist with meal choices.
Room Service operators will advise patients who choose a menu item that is not compliant with the diet their doctor ordered for them. They will offer alternatives that meet their doctor’s guidelines.
Patients in the Berry Building may order guest trays from the Room Service menu for visitors. Guest meals are limited to two (2) per room per meal period. Payment in cash will be collected when the meal is served:
- Breakfast guest tray: $5 each
- Lunch/dinner guest tray: $7 each
Patients in the Main Building may have a guest tray served to a visitor. There is an additional $5 charge for this service. Please place your guest tray request through a Nutrition Service associate or nurse.
Your nutrition care and meal service will be provided by:
- Registered Dietitians who will evaluate and plan for your nutritional needs and provide any needed diet counseling
- Nutrition Service associates who help with your meal service
If you have questions or need help in any way, please call the Patient Menu Hotline at (937) 208-MENU (6368).
If you have additional questions, one of our Clinical Dietitians will be happy to visit you to explain your diet and assist with your meal selection.