Brighter Futures Nurse-Family Partnership
Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for women having their first baby. If you enroll, a specially trained nurse will visit you in your home every week or two throughout your pregnancy. The nurse will continue to visit until your child’s third birthday.
Your nurse will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play
- Get referrals for health care, child care, job training, and other support services available in your community
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills
- Help you set goals for your family’s future and find ways for you reach them
Can your baby’s father participate?
You are the main focus of the nurse. However, we encourage fathers, family members, and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support you. Since you are the one who carries the baby and primarily cares for the baby, you are the one who is actually enrolled in the program.
Who can enroll?
Any woman who is pregnant and 24 or younger, income-eligible, and a Montgomery County resident can enroll. You can join as early in your pregnancy as you like, but we prefer no later than the 28th week of pregnancy. The program is free to all eligible women.
View more special services for mother and baby
What do I do next?