Programs and Services
Programs and services offered at the High Risk Breast Cancer Center include:
- A risk assessment by phone prior to the actual appointment
- A screening that includes a medical history review, family history review, review of previous medical imaging studies, and a clinical breast exam
- Genetic counseling by a certified genetic counselor regarding family history and genetic testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2 (inherited gene alterations that have been linked to hereditary breast and ovarian cancers)
- Education on various topics such as breast screenings, self-breast exams, lifestyle modifications, and familial risks
- A support group for high-risk women that offers network and education
- High Risk Breast Cancer Support Group: Open to women whose personal or family history places them at higher risk for developing breast cancer. Partners and family members welcome.
Meets: Fourth Wednesday of each month from 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Location: Miami Valley Hospital South (Centerville)
Contact: Amy McKenna, (937) 208-4926
- Learn about other MVH Cancer Education and Support Groups.
- Long-term follow-up care regarding ongoing breast health needs