Premier HeartWorks Offers Heart Screening
Dayton, Ohio (June 18, 2010) – Premier HeartWorks, a program of Miami Valley Hospital, will conduct cardiac risk assessments Wednesday, June 30 at the Boonshoft CJCE located at 525 Versailles Drive in Centerville. Appointments can be made between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. The cost of the assessment is $99.
The assessment includes the following:
- Personal health and family history
- Body measurements and body mass index
- ABI test (ankle-brachial index) blood pressure ratios
- Lab work (fasting lipid profile, fasting blood sugar and C-reactive protein (hs-CRP)
- Blood pressure
- Consultation with a dietitian and cardiac nurse
Results obtained from the assessment provide a snap shot of a person risk for being stricken with a heart attack or stroke. The screening takes about thirty minutes.
Appointments can be scheduled by calling (937) 438-5483.