Women’s Heart Services
Premier HeartWorks has a program specifically designed around the special needs of women and heart health. The Women’s Cardiovascular Program enables women to take a more active role in their health through education, counseling and exercise in a safe, supportive environment. The program includes an assessment and exercise sessions with supervised case management.
Women’s Cardiovascular Program at MVH
We believe that each woman should take responsibility for her wellness, and have the opportunity to take an active role in decisions regarding her health. This can be optimally achieved through education and counseling in a supportive environment of professionals specializing in various aspects of women’s health.
Premier HeartWorks’ Women’s Cardiovascular Program at Miami Valley Hospital provides just that! This is unique program devoted to the care of women. It is the culmination of the visions and dreams of women just like you, who aim to take care of themselves so that they can take care of those they love.
We offer a comprehensive program in a supportive and caring environment tailored to the specific needs of women. Our goal is to help build a cohesive foundation to harmonize the complete person by promoting optimal health through exercise and education and by providing the tools necessary to achieve those goals for a lifetime. We also have a women’s exercise program at Miami Valley Hospital South that is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The Women’s Cardiovascular Program offers several options for women:
- A comprehensive cardiac assessment
- Women’s Exercise and wellness program is designed to guide women towards healthier lifestyle goals through professional guidance and personal encouragement.
This program includes an exercise assessment.
- Measuring the five components of physical fitness, cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance, muscle strength, flexibility and body composition. This information is conducted pre and post program
- Lipids (TSC, HDL, Ratio and FBS)
- Assessment of emotional and mental health wellness
- Goal setting with one-on-one case management
- Supervised exercise with a professional
- Individual meetings with a dietitian
Scheduled throughout the year at Miami Valley Hospital South there are seminars and classes on stress, relaxation, healthy nutrition/eating and cooking demonstrations.
- Lifesteps is offered at various times throughout the year.
Goals of the Women’s Cardiovascular Program are:
- To raise awareness of women’s risk for cardiovascular disease
- To identify women’s individual actual risk for the development of cardiovascular disease
- To offer supportive management of women’s cardiovascular risk using evidence –based primary and secondary prevention guidelines
Our friendly, experienced staff is accredited through ACCVPR (American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation). The team includes:
- Board certified cardiologist
- Cardiovascular RN’s
- Registered dietitians (RD/LD)
- Exercise physiologists
Learn more about women and heart disease.
What do I do next?