National Recognition for Heart Care
When it comes to heart health and heart care, Miami Valley Hospital is ranked among the best in the nation. Excellent cardiac care and rehabilitation are close to home and the convenience and expert heart care at Miami Valley Hospital is getting noticed nationally.
When it comes to your heart, Miami Valley Hospital is where you want to be for diagnosis, treatment and overall cardiac care. HealthGrades, a leading independent health care rating company, ranked Miami Valley Hospital in 2012:
- Among the Top 5 in Ohio for Overall Cardiac Services – 4th Year in a row
- Among the Top 10 in Ohio for Cardiac Surgery – 3rd Year in a row
- Among the Top 10 in Ohio for Cardiology Services – 4th Year in a row
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award – 4th Year in a row
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award – 2nd Year in a row
MVH is Ranked in the Top Five Percent in the Nation for Quality
HealthGrades ranked Miami Valley Hospital in the Top 5 percent in the nation for Overall Cardiac Services for the 4th year in a row and for Cardiac Surgery for the 2nd year in a row.
HealthGrades ranked Miami Valley Hospital in the top 5 in Ohio for Overall Cardiac Services. They also awarded Miami Valley Hospital the Coronary Intervention Excellence Award in 2008 and 2009.
The newest HealthGrades Hospital Quality in America study analyzed patient outcomes at 5,000 nonfederal hospitals in the U.S. using Medicare hospitalization records for 2008, 2009 and 2010. For overall cardiac services, MVH outperformed hospitals in Columbus and Cincinnati, as well as those in the Dayton area.
Being named the top hospital for cardiac care in southwest Ohio by a well-respected third party speaks volumes about our heart program. More importantly, it means Dayton area patients can receive top cardiac care without leaving their community.
One of America's 100 Best Hospitals
Miami Valley Hospital was named one of HealthGrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care, Cardiac Surgery, and Critical Care in 2012. This is awarded to hospitals that have maintained consistent excellence in patient outcomes.
MVH also received the following individual HealthGrades 5-Star ratings (better than the national average):
- Overall Cardiac Services – 4th Year in a Row
- Cardiac Surgery – 2nd Year in a Row
- Cardiology Services – 4th Year in a Row
- Coronary Bypass Surgery – 2nd Year in a Row
- Valve Surgery – 3rd Year in a Row
- Treatment of Heart Attack – 10th Year in a Row
- Treatment of Heart Failure – 6th Year in a Row
MVH in Top Five Percent for Women’s Health Excellence
Miami Valley Hospital is one of only 166 U.S. hospitals honored in 2010 for outstanding outcomes in women’s care. This is the second year in a row that our hospital has received the HealthGrades Women’s Health Excellence Award indicating performance in the top 5 percent of the nation’s hospitals.
As part of the HealthGrades study, nearly 5,000 U.S. hospitals were evaluated for the following cardiac procedures and treatments among women aged 65 and over.
Miami Valley Hospital was recognized specifically for:
- Women’s Medicine - heart attack, congestive heart failure, pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and stroke
- Women’s Cardiovascular Procedures - coronary bypass surgery, peripheral vascular bypass, coronary interventional procedures, resection/replacement of abdominal aorta, carotid surgery, and valve replacement
MVH is ranked in the top 38 hospitals nationally for heart failure mortality rates by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.