Breast Cancer Navigators
Being diagnosed with breast cancer is a life-changing experience for any woman. It can be overwhelming trying to understand this new diagnosis, making decisions about treatment options, and knowing what support is available to women with breast cancer.
From the time of diagnosis through recovery, Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) Breast Cancer Navigators (certified breast health specialists) serve as a consistent source of education and support to women and their families.
Breast Cancer Navigators provide:
- One-on-one consultations to tailor education to meet each individual woman's needs, answer questions, and calm fears
- Reliable informational tools
- Information on support groups and services at MVH and in the community
- Attend weekly multidisciplinary conferences to review breast cancer cases of women being treated at MVH
- Continual follow up visits and calls after surgery and during treatment and recovery
Convenience and Flexibility
We know that when a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer, life becomes very busy with doctors’ appointments, tests, and treatments. Appointments with your breast cancer navigator can be coordinated with other appointments for your convenience and flexibility.
Learn more about the MVH Breast Center.
What do I do next?