Miami Valley Hospital (MVH)’s Neuroscience Unit has been in existence since 1981, longer than any other hospital in the Dayton area. Once admitted, you will be moved through our emergency stroke treatment process quickly. Backed by an acute-care hospital and the only Level I Trauma Center in the Dayton region, the MVH Neuroscience Program at provides the services, technology, and expertise you need in an emergency:
- 24/7 neurosurgical coverage
- 24/7 NeuroInterventional treatment (medical specialty dedicated to the treatment of vascular disease involving the central nervous system using the latest minimally-invasive technologies)
- Our board certified staff of NeuroInterventional Specialists provide coverage round-the-clock, giving you confidence in the care you will receive.
- 24/7 emergency stroke services providing peripheral tPA (clot buster drug)
- Adherence to recommendations for stroke from the Brain Attack Coalition, the American Stroke Association and the Joint Commission.
- MVH’s Stroke Center has earned disease-specific certification from the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. At MVH, this includes:
- Stroke alert system - rapidly mobilizes a team of experts to provide clot dissolving drugs when appropriate
- Specialized nursing care
- Comprehensive rehabilitation programs
Dedicated Neuroscience Unit
- Board certified physicians (critical care, neurosurgery, neurology and/or neuro interventional)
- Nationally certified neuroscience nurses (CNRN)
- Neuro Intensive Care Unit
- NeuroInterventional Radiology - MVH is the region’s only hospital that uses this procedure to treat stroke (CVA), intracranial aneurysms also known as endovascular coiling. Physicians use real-time x-ray technology (fluoroscopic imaging) to treat the disease from inside the blood vessel.
- 44 Ample beds
Learn more about the MVH Neurosciences Program
DISCLAIMER: Miami Valley Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.