Holiday Shopping Parking Safety
As we rapidly approach the holidays and spend time in and out of crowded shopping areas, it is time to remind ourselves of some parking lot safety precautions.
- Park in well-lighted, heavily traveled areas if possible. If you know you are going to stay late, check for lights when you park in the morning.
- Always lock your car and roll the windows up all the way.
- If you notice any strangers lurking in the parking lot, notify security or the police immediately.
- Don't leave any valuable shopping packages in plain view inside your car, not even loose change in your cup holder. Leave valuables at home or in your trunk.
- When you approach your car, have your keys ready and check the floor and back seats before you get in.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.