How to Select a Pain Center
Below is a checklist of things to consider when choosing a pain center:
- Is the Physician Board Certified in Pain management?
- What are the credentials of the other staff? Are they ACLS certified?
- Is the staff caring? Do they provide a personal experience?
- Does the center have access to other specialties for referral if needed?
- Does the physician use a multi-modality approach to pain management (such as combining different therapies for pain management: invasive therapies, opioid and non-opioid medications, non-medication treatments such as physical/occupational therapies, ice. heat etc
- Can I be assured of confidentiality?
- Will my plan of care be clear and easy to understand?
- Will the pain center work closely with my family physician or other specialists to coordinate my care?
- Does the pain center accept my insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, Workers Compensation?
What do I do next?