Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program (CORP)
The Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program (CORP) at the Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio (RIO) helps patients transition from hospitalization discharge to daily living within the community.
Staffed by an experienced team of skilled professionals, CORP’s same-day outpatient rehabilitation programs improve the functional abilities of persons affected by stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury and other neurological conditions. The individualized care plan includes assessment and treatment of 1 to 2 days per week, lasting an average of 10 weeks. Coordinated therapy sessions and education maximize neurological rehabilitation.
CORP Patient Outcomes
To ensure that our patients receive the most comprehensive level of care as they pursue their therapy goals, we survey them at the end of their treatment program. Findings are compiled annually.
CORP services data show the following patient outcomes:
- During 2009, CORP treated 159 patients.
- Most inpatients referred to CORP started within one week of hospital discharge.
- Adolescents (ten to 19 years of age) represent 1 percent of our CORP patients. On average, this group received 27 therapy visits during the course of their treatment in CORP.
- On average, all CORP patients achieve 73 percent of their therapy goals.
- Patients with stroke or other brain injuries made significant functional gains, achieving an average of 71 percent of their therapy goals.
- The majority of patients surveyed by phone six months after concluding their CORP treatment felt that they had maintained or improved their levels of function.
- As a result of their CORP care, 58 percent of patients increased their independence by decreasing the amount of supervision they required prior to treatment.
- CORP patients were 93 percent satisfied with the overall program.
Certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
The Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury services provided by RIO to both adolescents and adults are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) , the most prominent certifying organization for rehabilitation.
CORP provides care for people with injuries or diagnoses including:
- Brain injury
- Cerebrovascular accidents
- Multiple trauma
- Muscular/neuromuscular disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Spinal cord injury
- Spine injury
We help patients facing challenges related to their conditions, such as:
- Activities of daily living
- Bowel/bladder functioning
- Cognition (thinking)
- Community re-entry
- Home management/safety
- Leisure activities
- Prosthetic/orthotic equipment
- Psychological issues
- Psychosocial issues
- Safety issues
- Work and school skills
- Medical management
- Patient/caregiver education
- Community education
- Hobbies and interests
Because every patient is different, every CORP treatment plan is custom-coordinated from several interdisciplinary services to provide the right mix of cognitive, physical, and/or psychosocial care. Your care may include the following specialized services:
What do I do next?
DISCLAIMER: Miami Valley Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.