The Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at the Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio provides comprehensive, high-quality rehabilitative care for people who have experienced illness or injury. We provide a full range of rehabilitative services–physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, recreational therapy and more–all located in our 39-bed hospitalized unit.
We recognize each patient’s injury or illness is unique and requires a specialized rehabilitation program. Our care teams of specially trained, board certified physicians and other health care professionals develop programs to meet physical, emotional, psychological, nutritional, social, spiritual and vocational rehabilitation needs.
Our goal is help patients regain strength and learn or re-learn skills for daily living, to move past the challenges of their injury or illness to reach their highest level of recovery, and return to productive, fulfilling lives.
MVH Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio handles more hospitalized rehabilitation cases than anyone else in the region. We achieve remarkable success by exceeding national benchmarks for patients discharged to home. (MVH community discharge rate is 76.4 percent compared to a national community discharge rate of 75.7 percent.) In addition, our patients meet over 67 percent of their goals at discharge.
The Region’s First Accredited Program
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at MVH was the region’s first accredited program serving patients with brain and spinal cord injuries, strokes and other challenging conditions. It continues to be awarded a three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) , the highest level of accreditation awarded to an organization providing inpatient rehabilitation.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Program has been awarded accreditation in seven programs:
- Adult Brain Injury Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Adolescent Brain Injury Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Adult General Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Adolescent Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Adult Spinal Cord System of Care
- Adolescent Spinal Cord Injury System of Care
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Stroke Specialty
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Program provides cares for people with diagnoses and conditions such as:
- Brain injury (traumatic and non-traumatic such brain tumors, encephalopathy, meningitis)
- Spinal cord injury (traumatic and non-traumatic such as tumors, disc compression, spinal infarcts)
- Multiple trauma
- Neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Guillian-Barre syndrome, myasthenia gravis
- Orthopedic conditions such as joint replacements, lower extremity fractures
- Other disabling conditions such as cardiac and pulmonary conditions
We help patients facing challenges related to their conditions including:
- Bowel/bladder management
- Home management
- Thinking skills
Your inpatient rehabilitation care may include the following services:
Care Beyond Discharge
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Program offers follow-up care that includes specialized programs and services to meet patients’ changing needs and follow their progress after discharge, such as:
DISCLAIMER: Miami Valley Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.