Awards and Accreditations
The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) designation is awarded to breast imaging centers that achieve excellence by seeking and earning accreditation in the ACR’s entire voluntary breast imaging accreditation programs and modules, in addition to the mandatory Mammography Accreditation Program.
All of the Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) Breast Center mammography sites are:
- Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) compliant facilities
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) - Mammography
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) – Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) – Breast Ultrasound and Ultrasound Guided Breast Biopsy
- Certified participant in the National Quality Measures for Breast Center (NQMBC)
All of our radiologists at MVH Breast Centers are accredited by the ACR and our technologists are certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
To receive ACR accreditation, all radiologists who interpret at our facilities must:
- Be licensed to practice medicine
- Interpret a minimum of 960 mammograms every two years
- Obtain 15 hours of continuing education in a three year period
To receive ACR accreditation, all technologists at our facilities must:
- Be certified by the ARRT and pass the advanced placement registry in mammography
- Perform a minimum of 200 mammograms exams every two years
- Obtain 15 hours of continuing education in mammography every three years
Magnet Hospital Certification
MVH received Magnet certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in 2004. Magnet hospitals are excellent places for nurses to work. At that time, MVH was the first hospital in Dayton, the fifth in Ohio, and one of only 115 hospitals nationwide to receive such a prestigious distinction of outstanding nursing practices. MVH earned a re-certification in 2008. Only five percent of hospitals across the United States have achieved magnet status. An even smaller percentage of hospitals have earned re-designation.
Consumer Choice Award Recipient
From 1996 to 2009, MVH was chosen by Dayton consumers as the market leader in health care institutions for overall quality and image. The winner of the annual Consumer Choice Award is determined by consumer perception on multiple quality and image ratings. MVH has won this category for 14 consecutive years, demonstrating our dedication to giving patients exemplary medical care.
For more awards and credentials for MVH, go to Awards & Recognition.
What do I do next?