Premier HeartWorks Services & Procedures
Miami Valley Hospital Cardiac Services has been ranked best in the Dayton area for Overall Cardiac Services. Learn more.
Heart disease kills more men and women each year than any other disease. As a recognized leader in cardiac care, Miami Valley Hospital is committed to reducing this statistic through a program called Premier HeartWorks.
Premier HeartWorks is a convenient, affordable way to receive a comprehensive evaluation of your risk of heart attack or stroke. Through a variety of advanced screenings, the program helps identify hidden heart problems and provides a “snapshot” of your heart health. Then, through education, counseling, and exercise, we help you lower your risk and lead a healthier lifestyle.
As a self-pay program, no physician referrals or insurance approvals are needed. We offer five assessments and programs that are available individually or in combination. All programs are private pay, and may be reimbursable through flexible spending accounts.
Comprehensive Cardiac Risk Assessment
- Personal health and family medical history
- Consultation with a cardiovascular nurse and registered dietitian for diet history
- Lab work:
- Fasting lipid profile
- Fasting blood sugar
- C-reactive protein (HS-CRP)
- Physical Exam:
- Height and weight
- Waist circumference
- Blood pressure
- ABI (Ankle-Brachial Index)
- EKG/ECG (Electrocardiogram)
- Results review by a board-certified cardiologist
- Results sent to you and your physician (unless otherwise requested)
- Follow-up appointment
Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring
A cardiac CT scan for coronary calcium is a non-invasive way of measuring calcium within the coronary arteries. Cardiac calcium scoring is a painless diagnostic tool that identifies early heart disease and allows for early treatment, and possible prevention, of serious consequences such as heart attack or stroke.
The Comprehensive Stroke Risk Assessment includes:
- Ankle-Brachial Index test
- Ultrasound of abdominal aorta
- Ultrasound of carotid arteries
- Follow-up appointment
Women’s Cardiovascular Program
The Women’s Cardiovascular Program is a program specifically designed to meet the special needs of women and heart health. The program enables women to take a more active role in their health through education, counseling, and exercise in a supportive environment.
The Women’s Cardiovascular Program includes:
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Fitness assessment includes measurements in muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular, flexibility, and body composition
- Initial one-on-one assessment and re-assessment at completion of program
- Exercise program
- Supervised exercise two times a week for six weeks
- Aerobic and resistance strength training
- Monitoring by Pulse Watch®
- One-on-one case management
- Exercise prescription geared toward individual needs
Healthy Lifestyle Program
The Healthy Lifestyle Program is a program to help participants reach their healthy lifestyle goals through professional guidance and personal encouragement.
- Supervised exercise with a professional – once a week for six weeks
- One-on-one case management
- Education on exercising safely
- Goal setting
- Individualized meetings with a dietitian
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (937) 208-2375.
LIFESTEPS® Weight Management Program
LIFESTEPS® Weight Management is a 12-week program that provides the baby steps you need in order to lose weight—and keep it off! This program is for individuals who are committed to taking positive steps toward better health and weight management based on sound nutrition principles and tailored exercise plans.
LIFESTEPS® Weight Management Program is for those who:
- Are ready to change behaviors that hinder weight loss
- Realize weight loss means a slimmer version of you—not a whole new body
- Know that you didn’t gain the weight overnight and you won’t lose the weight overnight
- Want to learn how to successfully deal with setbacks
Call Us Today! For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call Premier HeartWorks at (937) 438-LIVE (5483). Further testing may be recommended at an additional cost.
Stroke Risk Assessment
The Premier HeartWorks Vascular Stroke Risk Assessment is an advanced health screening that gets you home in an hour. Your results are reviewed by a board certified cardiologist and shared with you in person.
We seek to identify individuals at risk for stroke through advanced testing. The cost of the Vascular Stroke Risk Assess¬ment is just $115 and here’s what you get:
Stroke/Carotid Artery screening– This is an ultrasound evaluation of the carotid arteries that screens for build-up of plaque…the leading cause of strokes.
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm screening – An ultrasound is used to screen for the presence of an aneurysm in the abdominal aorta that could lead to a ruptured aorta.
Peripheral Arterial Disease screening – This evaluates for peripheral arterial disease (plaque buildup) in the lower extremities using the ankle brachial index (ABI). Peripheral artery disease increases your risk for developing heart disease.
Premier HeartWorks is conveniently located right here in your community. It is the resource for your cardiovascular health needs. In addition, Premier HeartWorks offers a Comprehensive Cardiac Risk Assessment for just $99. If recommended, Calcium Scoring is also available for an additional $99.