How to Apply for the Miami Valley Hospital Dietetic Internship
A selection committee reviews and ranks applicants for the Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) Dietetic Internship program.
The program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org , e-mail dicasinfo@DICAS.org or call (617) 612-2855 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. DICAS will be available in early December 2012 for the Spring 2013 Match. The on-line application must be completed according to instructions on the DICAS website. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each person supplying a reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What other information do you consider important for the selection decision?
- 8000 character limit (approx. 1000 words)
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS- Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2013. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee. The Miami Valley Hospital Dietetic Internship Program code is 370.
Miami Valley Hospital Application Fee
A nonrefundable application fee of $100.00 should be mailed to:
Miami Valley Hospital Dietetic Internship
Attn: Rebecca Lee- Nutrition Services
1 Wyoming St
Dayton, OH 45409
- Make check payable to Miami Valley Hospital Dietetic Internship
- Application fees must be postmarked no later than February 15, 2012.
- Application materials will not be returned
DISCLAIMER: Miami Valley Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.