Why Practice at Miami Valley Hospital?
Miami Valley Hospital is the largest health care provider in the Dayton area with 865 staffed beds. It has the Dayton area’s only:
- Level I Trauma Center
- High-risk obstetrics center and neonatal intensive care unit in the same facility
- Adult burn center
- Organ transplant center
- Air ambulance service
- Comprehensive gynecological oncology program
- Blood and marrow transplant unit
The hospital is served by 6,200 employees and 1,100 physicians in 50 primary and specialty medical practice areas. It holds Magnet Status in nursing and is a 2010 recipient of the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence, placing it among the top five percent of the hospitals in the U.S. The National Research Corporation has named Miami Valley Hospital the Dayton-area winner of its Consumer Choice Award for 14 consecutive years.
Miami Valley Hospital is a member of Premier Health, which also encompasses Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton, Atrium Medical Center in Warren County and Upper Valley Medical Center in Miami County.
MVH continues to lead the region in the number of patients treated. For 2010:
- Inpatient admissions were greater than 38,300
- Our surgeons performed more than 19,500 procedures
- More than 4,800 babies were born at Miami Valley Hospital
- Emergency visits increased to over 117,000
Learn more about Miami Valley Hospital