Physician Orientation Requirements
As a new physician at Miami Valley Hospital, you must complete required physician orientation to practice at the hospital.
Steps to Complete Prior to Physician Orientation
- Complete Medical Staff Application to initiate Credentialing/Privileges at Miami Valley Hospital. Learn more about Credentialing and download a Credentialing Application. You may also contact the Medical Staff Office at (937) 208-6356 or (937) 208-2055.
- Schedule and complete Epic training (EMR). Medical staff personnel training at Miami Valley Hospital is offered through HealthStream. To schedule inpatient training, call (937) 499-5413. To schedule ambulatory training, call (937) 499-5011. Learn more.
- Arrange a hospital orientation and wayfinding. Call James Creamer at (937) 208-4548 or Lori Goertemiller at 937-208-2422.
Orientation Schedule May Include:
- Campus Police for Badge/Parking
- Way finding
- CareFinders Forms (Physician Referral Questionnaire)
- Photo for New Physician Welcome Poster
- Computer Access Request Form (CARF) for access to hospital applications from home or office
- Tour of Medical Library
- Tour of Health Information Management Department Dictation Information
- PACS/IDX Education
- Meet with Medical Affairs:
- Gary Collier, MD, Vice President of Medical Affairs, James Murphy, MD., Chief of Staff
- Meet with Bobbie Gerhart, CEO and Barb Johnson, COO (Main Campus) Joann Ringer, COO (MVHS campus)
- Meet with Department Director/Vice President
- Unit Orientation/Facility Tour
- Peer to Peer Introductions (Physician Liaison)
- Physician Referral Directory/Marketing Toolkit for Active Medical Staff