Professional Physician Formation Program
Professional Physician Formation Program Charter
Our purpose is to focus on meaning and purpose in medicine by developing programming and mentor/mentee relationships which assist the physician to stay “true” to core values of the medical profession to improve personal and interdisciplinary and patient satisfaction.
Core values include: Compassion, Integrity, Service and Competence.
The MVH Professional Physician Formation Program (PPFP) evolved from physician involvement in the MVH Relationship – Based Care Committee to develop programming to re-ignite the passion and richness of medicine, support physicians in the changing world of healthcare, and meet the needs of MVH Medical Staff. The PPFP is made possible by a generous grant from the MVH Foundation and matching funds from the MVH Medical Staff Executive Committee.
Physician Formation Committee Leaders:
- Evangeline C. Andarsio, MD serves as Director of the Professional Physician Formation (PPF) Program
- Christopher Croom, MD is the Associate Director
PPFP Steering Committee includes MVH staff and community members:
- Dick Reynolds, MD
- Judge Jeff Froelich
- Sherry Stanley Wheaton, MD
- Andy Campbell, MD
- Mark Marinella, MD
- Kenneth Gaines, MD
- David Key, MD
- Jeffrey Millard, MD
- Mary Pat Thomas, MS, RN, AHN-BC
- Jayne Gmeiner, MS, RN, NEA-BC
- Pat O’Malley, PhD, Nurse Researcher
- Stephen Ingram, Pastoral Care
- Char Combs, Medical Imaging
- Beth Hutter, MVH Foundation
- Craig Self, VP Business Development
- Karen Kirkham, MD
- Invitation to all MVH medical staff to complete the “Burnout and Relationship in Medicine” Survey to gain baseline assessment and then utilize over time to evaluate the Physician Formation Program.
- DOC2DOC Mentor Training Program educating and cultivating the development of physician mentor/mentee relationships. If you are interested in being a mentor or being a mentee complete the form.
- ‘The Art of Medicine’ monthly informal discussion groups
- Develop and implement educational retreats
- Integrate programming with Resident development
- Dr. Andarsio has begun to meet with physician mentors individually before the training program begins to explain the concept behind the programming.
Current programs available to all MVH Medical Staff in collaboration with WSUBSOM:
- The Annual Medicine-Spirituality Conference
- The Finding Meaning in Medicine Program
- The Healer’s Art Program for medical students
- The Healer’s Art Faculty Retreat
- The Finding Meaning in Medicine Program for clinical medical students (3rd and 4th year)
- The Global Health Initiative Program at WSUBSOM
DISCLAIMER: Miami Valley Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.